Thursday, November 19, 2009

max's hearing test



max isn't talking much. he doesn't seem that interested. i think he doesn't feel the need to. he communicates fine. the doctors suggested that he may have some hearing loss from a medication he was on in the NICU. (gentamicin) We took him to get his hearing tested. He passed just fine. I was curious to how they would test an almost two year olds hearing. they put him on my lap in a sound proof room. there was a speaker to the left and a speaker to the right. if he looked to the correct speaker when a noise sounded the tester would light up a box under the speaker that had light and a toy inside. pretty cool. max thought it was great fun. Every time the box would light up with a toy in it he would say, "again, again!" I'm glad he has no hearing loss, now we just have to figure out how to get him to talk.


3 comments:

Sally said...

What a cute kid! So happy his hearing is ok, I'm sure he'll be talking up a storm in no time. :)

Julie Markham said...

Steve started talking when he was 4, so I think Max is in good company.

Emily said...

so cute! Why bother talking when all of your big brothers and sister talk for you?