Tuesday, May 5, 2009

my little maia


my little Maia is the sweetest person. she has a smile that will cheer your heart. she loves to give hugs and kisses. she has a tender love for others. she loves to shop and be a girl. she loves her daddy and often fights with me about if he loves me more or her more.
the last few months Maia has decided to assert herself. she is a confident, strong willed, stubborn person when she wants to be. we have daily struggles about small things, cleaning her room, making her bed, getting dresses, and combing her hair. on Saturday she was suppose to clean her room and put her clothes away. she refused. we told her to stay in her room till it was done. she did nothing but sit there then she dumped all her clothes out of the basket because she was mad at me for making her stay in her room. so Monday comes around and she still hasn't done it. i told her if she cleaned her room and put her things away by lunch she would get a surprise. if she didn't i would take all of the things that were laying out and she would have to work to get them back. so now i have a basket full of shoes clothes and toys in my room and she has nothing to wear and still wont work to get them back. last night she wouldn't do her dinner chores and so had to go to bed early and miss family home evening. she was mad.
so today I'm trying to find things for her to do that are simple and try to "trick" her into working for her things. so far she has watered the seeds, and taken the mail to the mail box. I'm really making a big deal out of it and praising her for her hard work. hopefully we can get through this stage with more happy moments then frustrating ones. today is more on the happy side.

6 comments:

Tacie Kerr said...

Welcome to my life - times 4...or at least 3...ok - so mostly times 2... I'll let you guess...but they start with B and K...

Sherrie said...

Heidi you are such a good mom, so patient!!! Brooklynn has always been our stubborn one. She is the sweetest, cutest little girl...and then she can just be the most stubborn little girl and won't budge on something!!! There have been several days where she has done absolutely nothing but sit on her bed because she refused to pick up her pajamas and put them away. :) I feel for ya!!!!! I'm with ya!!!

Sally said...

I can just see her doing that, and she's so darn cute it's hard to be mad at that face! Welcome to the drama world of girls! Just be glad you only have one! Haha!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my girls (and would even LOVE another one) but they are definitely HARD! Boys are a hundred times easier!

Way to be a great/consistent mom! It's hard to do! My girls are bad because I finally give in when I've had it up to here (hands above my head) with them!

Good luck! :)

Tiffany said...

Thank you for posting this because even though our girls aren't the same age, I am experiencing some crazy "girl" stuff so now this gives me an idea of what to expect and/or look forward to!
I believe in games and posters/reward charts. Maybe that would help her if she got to decorate something and use fun stickers that kept track of her progress!

Schwab Family said...

This reminds me of my little Natalia.They are the same age too! I enjoyed checking out your blog.You have the cutest little family.You guys look great!!

Lynette said...

I love that we can share these things, because while being a Mommy is the best job I have EVER had and I truly enjoy everyday - there are definite moments with children based on age and personality - where I walk into my closet and kneel down to cry (and then pray). I wonder what I'm doing wrong or why they are choosing to pick that route? When I hear friends share their own experiences and/or struggles it brings me back to remembering that all parents have "kid struggles" and in the end I guess that's how WE learn and grow as well. Thanks for the post.
P.S. 20 weeks? Do you know gender?