Wednesday, July 29, 2009

rainbows, lizards, dancing, swimming and the piano



with the arrival of our baby right around the corner i am slow with a lot of things. i decided to give you a little visual of the things going on around here. at the rate i'm going right now the next post just might be the new little one.
the kids were all dancing the other day. they were so funny and so full of energy. max thought it was hilarious and was trying to copy the other kids. they had us laughing so hard.

pumpkini

our garden is growing. the wild rabbits enjoyed the lettuce, carrots and the basil. my zucchini plant was looking great but the vegetable doesn't look like a zucchini. we decided it probably cross pollinated with our pumpkin and we now have pumpkinnis. they taste terrible. so far we have enjoyed one tomatoe and the one and only carrot left over from the rabbits visits. hopefully we will get some beans, peas and more tomatoes soon.

Carson found this dead lizard in our rain barrel. he was trying to see if it was going to come back to life, when he realized it truly was dead he threw it on me and everyone had a good laugh. i cant imagine what i must have looked like jumping around 8 months pregnant with a dead lizard on my chest.

the kids love the pool, if we dont go everyday then we have a lot of fighting around the house. they need that outdoor physical release.

i bought a piano book to help me teach the kids how to play. they are really enjoing the piano and are all learning so fast. i feel like i'm teaching three lessons every day. i'm really excited about how well they are doing and how much they like it.

7 comments:

Sally said...

cute! love the pics of the kids on the grass!

Gretchen said...

Heidi, you are hilarious. For some reason that post really made me laugh--the pumkinnis and the dead lizard crack me up!

Julie Markham said...

I'm ready to see pictures of the new baby. I'll keep watching for your next post!

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

Man your kids are so cute!! I love them!!! That lizard story is Hilarious!! And I love the Pumpkini, how funny!! Oh hopefully I can still come and visit!! I love you all so much!!

Oma said...

Sounds like you have having a fun summer. Gardening always has surprises! I am so glad that the kids like to dance. I wish I was there to join in. So excited for the next little Cannon.

Amy said...

I can just imagine you with that lizard! I am laughing about the visual I am getting from it! LOL!
Can't wait to see pictures of that new little one!

Jardinefamily said...

We had so much fun down there. I miss you guys. Life is finally slowing down here a little. We started swim lessons. We are all counting the days until we get to come down for Christmas.