Thursday, September 9, 2010

feels like fall, labor day festival and a scary story

feels like fall! my house is covered in red, and orange. I'm in the mood for hot chocolate with hazel nut, warm soups, pumpkin pie, and holiday shopping!
we took the Santa Fe train to Santa domingo pueblo for their arts and crafts festival. There was Indian food, Indian dancing and loads of beautiful jewelry and Indian art. we had a really great time. the kids loved the train ride and most of us enjoyed the jewelry :)










this week kylie gave me quite the scare. I was talking to reed on the phone, he was on his way home from work, when I heard a thud and kylie started screaming. She had fallen down the stairs. I told Reed I had to go, and dropped the phone. He stayed on the line and heard all that happened next. I picked kylie up and tryed to calm her down. She was crying so hard she was having these long pauses in between cries, you know the kind that little ones do when they are really upset. during one really long pause she threw her head back to scream and went totally limp. She went pale and wasn't breathing. i started screaming breath breath and that is when Reed broke the law and sped home as fast as he could. As fast as she passed out she woke up and started to cry again. I was sobbing and Reed pulled into the driveway, he picked Kylie up and checked her over. Our best guess was that she passed out during her crying. I don't do well in emergencies and I really don't do well with breathing problems. I felt anxiety for the rest of the evening. I'm just glad Reed was on his way home and that Kylie is fine.

6 comments:

Sally said...

That story made me cry! I hate feeling that panic! I'm glad she's ok!

Your fall decor is so cute!

Julie Markham said...

Stairs are scary! I'm glad she's ok. I hope you are ok, too!

Bapa said...

I'm glad Kylie is OK, but most importantly the train ride was really fun.

Packgal said...

sounds like a breath-holding spell...one of the scariest things as a parent to witness...

Jardinefamily said...

That is so scary. The thing that has helped me was taking infant CPR. It gives you some good strategies along with the life saving knowledge of what to do in an emergency. I will ask Aaron if the fire department offers one.

thekerrclan said...

Looks like a fun festival...not a fun Kylie episode. Glad she is ok - -and you too!