Thursday, November 11, 2010

Idaho

Went to Idaho for my grandpa's funeral. With the help of my mom and my sisters we made 60 corsages/boots for all cousins and aunts and uncles, and two big bouquets of red and white roses that were used at the grave site to give everyone the opportunity to place a rose on the casket. The services were a beautiful tribute to grandpa, he was a great man who lived a good life. One of the most touching parts of the funeral was at the grave site. My grandpa was a WWII vet who served in the navy. There were some officers there who folded and presented an American flag to my grandma, then a bugle started to play, it was very touching.I'll miss my grandpa. so I tried to rearrange the order of the pictures because talking about the funeral and then showing this seems out of order, but I cant figure out how. These are my sisters. They are so fun. This is our pouty model face, we could hardly do it because we all had the giggles.

as you can see in this picture we thought we were really hysterical.
here we are like we really look most of the time. I would love to have these two around me all the time. can you tell we are sisters?

this is my littlest sisters second son. He is a people person and a smiler. I hadn't met him until we all met up in Idaho, I'm glad I finally got to see him. what a charmer.

my brother troy, who recently came home from his mission, (if you want his number let me know) would not give up on Kylie. He would talk to her and smile with her, but as soon as he picked her up she would scream. He just kept trying, and then one of the times he picked her up she went with him and then we found them later like this, asleep in the grass. I still cant figure out how he did it.

my sweet grandma, my sisters and our newest little ones.

we had a cousins luncheon the day after the funeral. It was fun to see all my cousins again. We spent so much time together as little kids it was fun to see them and laugh with them again.
I started a new blog to journal and keep a personal storage of all the projects I'm working on. I started the posts on the office remodel. here is the link if you are interested.
click here

4 comments:

Julie Markham said...

So sorry about your Grandfather, but it's always nice to go home and spend time with people you've known your whole life. I loved seeing pictures of your family!

Sally said...

You and your sisters are so cute! Glad you could have a fun visit. Sorry about your grandpa.

laf said...

What a great picture, you did a great job on the flowers they look beautiful. Please tell me that Destenee is stand on her toes?

Gretchen said...

I like to periodically look at the picture of the three of us during the day and dream about the day when we'll be together again.