Tuesday, September 16, 2008

beauty right outside your door

some times when i look around our little town all i see is the nasty rocks and weeds in peoples yards that some lovingly call xeriscape (here that means zero style, zero color, zero plants, zero beauty) sometimes i let those yards get to me and i cant see the beauty that we have here. so yesterday we went for a walk and went to the cliffs that are a few minutes walk from our house to watch the sun set and the moon rise. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! i think i need to start looking around with different eyes.

7 comments:

Brandon and Diedre Sloan said...

Your family is so cute I love them so much Max is so big holy cow, and Mia looks just like you in that picture by herself, And Heidi you look SKINNY in those pictures, Way to be!

Jardinefamily said...

I remember one time when aunt julie came and visited NM and she couldn't get over how beautiful it was. I was stunned. I always thought NM was ugly. It has taken me until my adulthood to appreciate where I was raised and how beautiful it is. (we also don't have to reserve campsites and get crowded out on hiking trails)

casa chandler said...

you have such a beautiful family! great pictures.

coolmomofseven said...

You are such an awesome mom! I love that you take your kids on these great adventures. I need to be more like you!

Sally said...

SO CUTE PICTURES!!! Your family is so adorable and you're all photogenic! I love NM and wish we could afford White Rock because I would be there in a heartbeat! I must be emotional ALL the time because looking at your blog always makes me tear up...I miss you!!!

KLF said...

The beauty is definitely in New Mexico, in your sweet family. How blessed you are. Don't you just love those moments of clarity?

thekerrclan said...

What a beautiful little family!