
my poor little Cartee. Carson started Kindergarten this year. He started off in all day kindergarten.....about a week ago I started getting calls from the teacher to tell me that Carson was getting into trouble, and he was hiding from her in the class room. Then his behavior at home changed. He started to tell me his teacher was mean, he was crying all the time, he wouldn't do the things he loved like soccer or go to friends homes, he would fall asleep fast and was really hard to wake up, he started crying every morning "i don't want to go to school, i want to stay home, I'm afraid ill get in trouble." so i decided to take action. I called the school counselor and talked with her and i called his teacher. The poor kid was miserable and needed some relief. He will be in half day kindergarten till January. I think it was too much for him and I think he was trying to tell all of us, THIS IS TOO MUCH FOR ME!!
i told him earlier this week that i canceled soccer and he was going to start half days for school and he clapped and jumped up and down, gave me a huge hug and said "yeah! Now i can be with my mommy!"
ever since then he has done great. My poor little man was just stretched to thin....at five.
3 comments:
I think it was so sweet that his first comment was that he was happy he got to be with you. I think it was a good thing to change him to afternoons. I am sure Maia will love this new schedule too.
Poor guy! Good for you for taking action! Even my first graders are tired from the full day schedule.
Way to go Heidi! I just think that all day Kindergarten is too much for little 5 year olds. Rachey comes home completely exhausted, and she's a 1st grader this year. :) They need to be kids!
Post a Comment