
right now my 5yr old and my 3yr old are riding their bikes outside, its a beautiful day. my four month old is napping...on his tummy! he sleeps better that way.
when we brought him home from the hospital I was so freaked out without my great nurses to watch over him as i slept. the first night home I didn't sleep at all i watched him sleep and kept my hand on his chest to make sure he was still breathing and that his cannula stayed on his nose.
reed's sweet aunt Julie sent us this monitor called angel care. it has a pad you put under the mattress and it tracks all movement and breathing. the monitor lights up green with every breath and wiggle. If for any reason there is no movement for 10seconds it alarms. that next night i slept soooo much better! I still sometimes wake up and look for the blinking green light and smile to myself as i fall back to sleep.
now after three months home I still use it every night and when he takes a nap. i gives me great peace of mind. thank heaven for angels!
5 comments:
Julie is a sweetheart! What a wonderful gift... piece of mind! And what a neat invention.
That is the coolest thing ever! I'm glad you have something like that!
What a neat device. I have no reason to be worried about Olivia, but still if she sleeps past her multiple night wake-ups, I freek out, and I can't imagine how much worse it was for you without the monitor. by the way, we had a great time last night.
I can't imagine sleeping at all after what you guys went through! Thank goodness for technology and good medical care!!
OH my gosh - this would have saved me many sleepless nights! I had such a hard time when we came home from the hospital - without all of the monitors! I had no idea they had something like this - how wonderful!
Post a Comment