so Monday we decided to work on our front yard....we got started late because we let the kids have sleep over, wait i guess i need to back up and tell that story first.
the kids were so excited to have a sleepover in our sun room. they made little beds and brought all their stuffed animals, pillow and blankets in and were giggling and having a great time, around 9pm reed went to check on them.....
Caleb had told Maia he was going to get a spider to suck all her blood and they were fighting, which is happening a lot more lately (they have very similar personalities) and Carson was crying saying "i just want to go to sleep in my own bed" so that was the end of the first all sibling summer sleep overs.
so around 9-10am we all slumped out of bed and went out side to work in the front yard.
it got hot fast and that yard is such a mess by noon we were hot, hungry and frustrated.
we came inside for lunch only to find Maia had gotten into the benadryl. (child proof lid....HA!) we weren't sure how much she had taken so we called the doctor and poison control and were told we needed to take her to the ER! (for all who have been tracking that would be three times for Maia this year!)
we decided we don't want to go to the ER and we will watch her for all the symptoms for an hour or so. Symptoms being: dilated eyes, blotchy skin, vomit, diarrhea, hallucinations, seizures, and increased heart rate! she bounced around the house like normal, didn't even get sleepy.
so after a long crazy day and the house was a mess i saw that someone moved the letters F*A*M*I*L*Y on my piano.
some days your family gets all messed up and you have to put them all back in their spots.
4 comments:
How true! I hope you and your put together f-a-m-i-l-y are doing well today.
Maia in the Benadryl and Carson eating your Prenatal Vitamins, Maybe you should get a lock... They'd probalby find a way to open it anyway. :)
Heidi,
Carter is having a little bit of a bad day today and I was feeling sorry for myself until I read your blog and realized that i have it easy! You are such a good mom, I don't know how you do it all. I love you so much. I can't wait to see you soon.
It's hard to restrain a curious child, huh? They are just SO busy!
Kenzie is not only climbing out of her crib, but over or under the gate that is meant to keep her in a "safe" place (and allow me to sleep without worrying about what she is doing. I don't know what to try next.
Wow Maia! Most kids hate the taste of medicine, glad she's OK! I love your analogy with the letters, so true.
Post a Comment