
well not really.
i found this really great idea in the New Era (i love the New Era) It is for personal progress. i made passports for the girls in our ward to "go to Hawaii". whenever they work on personal progress they get a stamp in their passport. when they get two stamps they get a flower for their hair, when they get five stamps they get a lei, when they get 10 stamps they get a bracelet. Then in November we are "going to Hawaii" we are going to have yummy Hawaiian food, (if you have any great recipes please share!) learn the hula, and play some games. The girls with the most stamps are going to receive a real flower lei from our very own Hawaiian princess, we have one laurel who is all done and she will be honored as out Hawaiian princess and will pass out the real leis. The girls are really excited about it and some have already earned a flower for their hair. I'll let you know how the night goes!
5 comments:
What a fun Idea... I wish I was in young womens and doing personal progress still, I am sad now :(
You could take a picture of that spider to make me happier.
You always do fun things!
What a fun idea! Can I come and be a YW in your ward???
I'm actually sort of glad to be out of YWs now. I was in it for 2 1/2 years so the break is nice. I just pray I don't get stuck in nursery!
Oh and as for food you must have chocolate covered macadamia nuts. Maybe not for the girls but at least a secert stash somewhere for the leaders! :)
Love the idea! :) Thanks for sharing!
that is a cute idea, even for at home. you could take your kids on a pretend trip if they do all their chores... then in a few years when you save enough you can do the real thing!! cute. I love your blog. your family is so cute!!
Post a Comment