Saturday, July 19, 2008

bully

we went to the stake pioneer day here. it was really fun, we all had a great time. there was this one incident that still has me reeling. Maia was skipping toward us and as she was passing this kid he deliberately stuck out his foot right in front of her. He sent her fling onto the grass. She looked shocked but got right up, not hurt just a little embarrassed. i was so surprised by what i saw i instinctively said "HEY!!!" and had to force myself not to go after him. i am always surprised by my natural instincts when it comes to protecting my children. when they are sad i feel twice as sad, when they are hurt i feel hurt, when they are left out i feel upset, when they are picked on i feel mad, when they are embarrassed i feel worried and nervous. i guess its all part of being a mom. its a hard balancing act knowing how much to intervene and when to butt out. but honestly i wish i would have went after that kid! :)

6 comments:

Sally said...

"Mean people suck" You said it well, I know exactly how you feel and I get to see it first hand being at the school with the kids! I told Tom, I would lose my job if I EVER saw a kid beating on one of mine! Hopefully I will have restraint, but knowing me I doubt it! I would cry when Savannah would come into my room and say the girls were being mean to her, I said welcome to the girl world of drama...the next day they were friends again! It is SO hard to watch though! How did you survive those months with Max in the hospital???? It seems like a dream now, like not real, because he is so healthy!

Tacie Kerr said...

We had a similar thing happen at Cannon's baseball game - -two girls kept picking on Kenzie. She tried to walk away - they would follow, take the swings, etc. I finally did intervene when they tried to push her down the slide. I was so ticked! Pregnancy hormones or not - - I wanted to knock those little girls out. Funny thing - -as the season went on....one of the girls became B's good friend -- and K's as well. Go figure

Terri said...

You know what really makes my blood boil, when my kids are being mean to eachother. Ooooh and you can't rip their heads off because their your own kids.

Emily said...

What makes thoes things even worse is when the mean kids parents see and do NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!! That is one of my biggest parent fears, that I am raising inconsiderate or rude kids.

Terri said...

I agree Em, It's scary to think that my kid might be a bully... But I know some parents and they are worse then their kids, so it doesn't surpise me. I think Sophie and Olivia will be okay, I hope that Jase and Ian will be too!

Cannon Clan said...

emily and terri, nothing to worry about your kids are great kids, i trust them with mine anyday!