
reed set up a crib for Max in Carson's room. I'm not sure Carson, Max or I are ready to let Max actually sleep in it yet. Carson isn't ready because he will, I'm sure, maul him or wake him up or jump in the crib with him and break the darn thing. Carson LOVES Max way to much. We are always saying "not so hard, get out of his face, Carson get OFF MAX!" Max isn't ready because he still wakes up a few times in the night. I'm not sure if he is really hungry but I'm just to tired to figure it out, i would rather lay back down and feed him. I'm not ready; even though it has been five months since we brought him home from the hospital I still feel anxious if he isn't with in arms reach. SOOO for now the crib is empty and I am sewing. I finished the quilt top. Carson's room is all star wars. Joani found this cute fabric with R2D2 and C3PO so I found fabric that matched Carson's room and the star wars fabric. I really like it, I am way out of practice but having fun.

we go through so much milk it makes me think we should buy a cow. i felt good about it, you know, keeping my family healthy and strong with full bellies....until yesterday. Sundays we always have a big lunch after church and cereal for dinner. We were all gathered for dinner cereal. Caleb finished his first bowl and took it to the sink. (with about a third of it full of milk.) I was thinking, "Wow he remembered to clear his bowl" and "Wow only one bowl? Caleb usually has at least three." Then he comes back with his empty bowl and starts to pour another bowl.
me- uh, Caleb did you just DUMP all that milk down the sink?
Caleb- yeah, I always do that.
me-WHAT?
Caleb- we all do, every morning
me- EVERY MORNING!!!!
so there was some reteaching about milk and cereal. it is not essential to dump all the milk left in your bowl to have a nice "clean" bowl before your next bowl of cereal. and please drink what is left in your bowl after your last bowl! man..... and at $3-4 a gallon! please help us all.
5 comments:
Cute quilt! Love how you're sticking with the Cannon tradition of star wars! Haha
Milk! We go through a gallon a day so we just decided (yesterday) to use powdered milk for everything and regular milk for drinking. Maybe we'll cycle through some food storage this way and save some $!!!
I sometimes will fill up a gallon that's been half used with blender-mixed powdered milk. They'll drink it if it's really cold. Adam gags on powdered milk, kinda funny. I love the new picture & wallpaper on your site. Jealous of the quilting thing, a skill I don't possess.
The quilt looks great... although I'm internally sad that I didn't take the fabric and make Max something with it when you offered (I need a project bad)!
I love the milk story! We go through lots of milk but Jason is pretty much the only one that drinks milk, Ian drinks soy... it just gets confusing. I feel like we are always going through milk, soy milk and don't even get me started on eggs!
Milk made me remember, when Matt and I were first married we couldn't make it through a half gallon of milk without it spoiling, where did those days go?
AMEN to the milk issues! When we buy 5-6 gallons at a time...at $3-4 each...it's like drinking liquid gold.
Post a Comment