Friday, July 25, 2008

ReWarDs

after my daily routine of kids, cleaning, cooking, playing, creating, and laughing I'm tired. and because i am still not getting a full nights rest I'm usually really tired. so when the kids go to bed and its just reed and i, i feel the need to relax. this relaxation usually comes in the form of star trek (yes i am a Trekkie i LOVE star trek) and a treat. sometimes i can limit myself to one treat but usually its more then one and its usually not something that is good for you. i have tried to be good but i feel like i need a reward or something at the end of the day. i didnt want to let it all out there, but there you go, im a trekkie and i love my treats. so i need your help getting some better ideas on how to reward myself. help me out! what do you do to reward yourself for a hard days work? tell me tell me PLEASE :)

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

I do the same thing you do. But, I have been trying to have healthier treats like fudge bars or popcorn. Maybe you could try online shopping. Tell Reed you need some new clothes.

Sally said...

I'm not the one to give advice, clearly!!! Tom and I are exactly the same! I just told him we have to stop getting shakes from Arctic Circle and do yogurt/fruit/granola. (It's easy to not get treats when you have no money though...) but I just LOVE ice cream at night! Sorry I'm no help! And guess what we'll be doing when you come up here...haha! I do have a treadmill...

V and Co. said...

i go out with friends...but then again that might be a tireing thing too. hot chocolate (sugar free) with cinnamon is another favorite for me, oh and crystal light (on the go's) fills me up really well at night so when i do snack i'm already almost full...

Terri said...

Ohhh, have you tired ice? That's my favorite treat... and it has zero calories! Don't tell my dentist I said that!

Sara Corinne said...

I suggest breaking the habit of rewarding yourself with food. Treats are still ok, but enjoying them regardless of a long days work, or any kind of reward mentality is what hurts us.

What I do, instead of rewarding myself, is a routine in the night of "Unwind Time". A bubble bath, quiet time with my bf or my kitties (whoever's available) or lately I've been sitting outside on my terrace with some candles and just staring up at the nightime sky.

If I'm hungry I'll eat a reasonable snack, usually cereal PB&J, if I want something sweet I'll have herbal tea with honey, or yogurt with honey. You may be addicted to sugar in the evenings, so herbal tea with honey, or maybe natural sugar like a piece of fruit may help you ween yourself away from the ice cream.

I've had food/body issues for the majority of my life. Something I'm proud of and that's been a relief to me is nixng the food as a reward mentality...