
this morning i made breakfast cake for the family. they love it! there wasn't a crumb left in the pan. reed and i were laughing watching the kids gobble up their slices as fast as they could to make sure that they got one more slice more then everyone else. it reminded me of a few years back when i made breakfast cake for just reed and i. i would always give him the side pieces with the crusty crispy edges because that is my favorite. reed would leave me the pieces in the middle with out the crispy edges because that is his favorite piece. we didn't figure out till much later that we were giving each other our favorite pieces and not getting the ones we really wanted. ain't love grand? i now give reed the middle pieces and he gives me the corners:)
4 comments:
Ymmm, that sounds good. That's funny that you used to give each other your favorite piece. I love crusty ends too!
And I love middles!
Ha - I remember when we had this conversation...about sacrificing what we like best for our spouse -- only to discover it's not what they like best (Corners of the brownies for me, PLEASE!).
PS - What's the recipe for the breakfast cake?
How funny Heidi. :) I'm going to try that recipe, it looks yummy!
Post a Comment