Friday, April 25, 2008

why?

i must be in a reflective mood.
it all started this morning while doing dishes.
i was loading the dishes into the dishwasher and found three dirty smelly rags in the sink. my kids love to use a new clean rag for any mess and promptly throw them into the sink no matter how many times i ask them to please use a paper towel and throw it away, or if they must use one of my nice dish towels to place it in the laundry.
i started to think WHY?
WHY............
do little boys not know how to aim?
do the dishes and laundry never end?
do babies have huge blow outs right as you are leaving out the door?
do they barge into the bathroom every time you are going (ahem) or just stepping out of the shower?
do they yell mom over and over without looking around first to see where you are?
do they not hear your orders till you get to three (me:okay it's time to go get your PJ's on....it's time to get your PJ's on......hey get your PJ's on.....GO GET YOUR PJ'S ON.....one..... two..... thr, kid:okay okay I'm doing it, I'm doing it!)
do they spit gum in your water (not kidding just happened!)

then i started to think WHY DO I DO THIS EVERYDAY?
WHY..........
because I LOVE IT!
its all worth it when....
Maia sings i am a child of god at the top of her lungs and i have to hold back the tears because it is so beautiful
Carson jumps up and down with excitement and his fun hardly laugh at almost anything, he is such a happy fun little guy. just yesterday at the grocery store he saw spider man mac and cheese and asked "please" when i said yes you would have thought he won the lottery.
Caleb says thank you and gives me the biggest hug because i made him a leopard pillow.
max sees me and his whole face lights up
they give you big sqooshie kisses and hugs
they pick you flowers
they say i love you mama
they slip their little hands into yours
WHY DO WE DO IT? BECAUSE WE LOVE IT!

4 comments:

Terri said...

And if you don't do it child protective services takes them away! Ha ha ha.
Seriously, I needed that, some days are worse then others. But the joy always seems to beat out the trials.

Sally said...

So true! I especially LOVE being home now that I work, I have a new appreciation of staying home, in my PJ's, cooking dinner, doing dishes, and laundry, and just being around for the kids...I still do all those things but when I work it's all crammed into evenings and weekends (Sally no likey!)

thekerrclan said...

You said it well!

G-mom said...

Heidi- this is Rosie. I found you through Lesa I hope you don't mind me blog stalking you. I peeked in one time, and I love seeing your darling family and what you are up to. I agree with this post 100 percent. We do so many yucky things as moms, but the rewards far outweigh them. You put it perfect!! Mercy... It makes us appreciate our moms more now that we have been through it ourselves. Have a great day!!