Tuesday, April 1, 2008

yuck!

today was suppose to be a great day in Santa Fe. we were going to go to the children's museum and i was going to shop for towels, reed is almost finished with our first of three bathroom remodels. he has done a great job! i cant wait to share the results! any who, then Maia comes in complaining her tummy hurts and pukes all in my bed, and floor! YUCK! (of course we had spaghetti sauce with dinner) now she cant keep anything down and she isn't that great at staying by a bowl or the toilet! i have been cleaning it up all morning. the best part is that i have white carpet. :( i cant get the vomit out. anyone had the stomach bug that is going around? do you have any tips on how to get the stains and smell out of my white carpet? who put white carpet in their house anyway! YUCK!

6 comments:

Terri said...

Ian just had a somach bug too, I don't think it's the same one though. :) To get the red stains out of a carpet...Rent a carpet cleaner or get it profesionally done, It's the only way! I hope no one else gets it. I feel for you!

Sally said...

Poor Maia! And poor you! White carpets??? Did the previous owners have no kids?? Can't wait to see the pics of the new bathrooms!

Jardinefamily said...

That is a bummer. There is no such thing as a stain resistent carpet. Febreeze will get the odor out I bet, if not talk to Joani--she is allknowing when it comes to cleaning and stains. Mo just took a blue ink pen to my new cabinets. It brings to mind something my dad always said "You wreck everything I own." kids, love 'em, even when they puke and color on everything.

thekerrclan said...

I need to send you a bottle of the stuff I used when Kenzie threw up all over me and the carpet. I would...except it took the whole bottle and I haven't gotten more yet. When I do -- I'll get you some. Granted, I am sure you can find in New Mexico (and I'll make you come all the way to OH to get it), but I was amazed at how well it worked.

How's she feeling? Did it hit the rest of you? Our carpets were covered with blankets and sheets for about a month straight.

Lynette said...

I keep checking your blog to hear people's answers because we too have a red stain in our carpet upstairs. The carpet fresheners that you sprinkle and vacuum off the carpet do great for the smell but I have tried everything in the stores and so far a nice big rug to cover the stain is the only thing that has worked for me! Keep me posted. P.S. I thought about you all tons when we were in Abq

Cannon Clan said...

someone said oxy-clean. we will try that and see if it works!